Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing 17 - Rollyo

Today I checked out Rollyo and really see the use of it for teaching students. I compared it with Google's custom search on sites collected for our 5th grade report on United States Presidents. Both worked very well, but I especially liked seeing all the options on the rollyo site that were already created by other users. I felt like I wasn't having to reinvent the wheel but had a expert go ahead of me and prepare the way. I was unable to add the button to my toolbar, even after I unlocked the tool bar and checked the settings. I don't understand because Del.icio.us button uploaded just fine. Still trying to get it to show, but for now have the page starred as a favorite on the tool bar and on del.icio.us.

On the other hand, My original searches are conducted on google advanced so I'm already there. Also, once the searches are created, and in many cases I already have lists of weblinks prepared from previous years, it is easy to put them into google as well. And I have link created on my igoogle page so that makes it just as easy for me, more familiar for the students, and easily uploaded to my other google tools for students, so I will probably end up using both.

No comments: