Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing 2 - Bookr

Bookr is amazing! I get so frustrated shelling out big bucks for a little book of pictures and minimal text to help the younger grades understand key concepts. Here is a link to a book I created in a short amount of time. To read it, turn the top or bottom corner of the page.




I can see myself using this on a weekly basis for "the littles". They will certainly find this more fun and much easier to see. I will say that the site is mostly intuitive, but a little tricky. For instance, you can't save your work that I can tell, so you need to have a good amount of time to finish and publish your work. Also, some of the flickr pictures are inappropriate. Try searching hot or heat tags and you'll see what I mean... Probably uploading your own pictures would be safer is you are going to have students make books.

1 comment:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Whoa! I didn't know you could make long books at Bookr. I thought they could only be four pages....need to check this out again!