Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing 4 - Creating/Posting Video

I found this activity to be enjoyable, but frustrating. I used both PhotoStory 3 (Microsoft download) and Windows Movie Maker to create a book trailer for Paint the Wind by Pam Munoz Ryan. I ended up posting the wmv file to Youtube Education and TeacherTube. The uploads were the easiest part. The music was the hardest part. I think I am ready to get a site license to Soundzabound just for ease of use and copyright protection. Here is the youtube embed (TeacherTube reviews the upload and posts it after 24 hours).



I like having more creative control over the end product, but animoto is definitely snazzier than what I can create. I think book trailers are really helpful to promote reading and I intend to make more, but youtube is blocked at our school. We can't see most of what's on neok12 which is a shame. I know my library students will have more fun making book trailers than the usual reports and I look forward to seeing what they will produce. I am also hopeful that teachertube will not be blocked.

1 comment:

theailurophile said...

Wow! I'm impressed. This is great. I need a jump start on this assignment.