Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing 8: Screencasts

I chose to do more reading on screencasting before I began and found this interesting blog post by Jon Udell on O'Reilly Digitalmedia, which gives more tips to help prepare for your first screencast. It helped me build confidence to start.

Then I worked with GoView to create a screencast for my second grade students showing them how to use GoogleImages to find a photo for their animal project. Here it is:


or here is a link to the project:
http://goview.com/?id=aaa8b22a-e657-460d-bef5-804b657f945c

It did require a download, but I found it extremely easy to use, cut out sections, and add titles. I really like the 3-2-1 countdown to help me prepare mentally. I would definitely do this again, at school, with tutorials for databases, Accelerated Reader, using the library catalog, and other software I have on school computers. It could be a huge timesaver.

No comments: