Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing 9: Slidesharing

Slideshare is a huge boost to my professional development because of its amazing archives. There are so many presentations shared there, and I like the Slidecast audio feature and look forward to trying it out when I get back to school.
authorSTREAM's live presentation application is a huge benefit for distance learning since there is a chat feature for discussion, as well as Skype capability.
I really tried to like 280 slides because of its potential for students, or even for teachers creating PowerPoints away from home. It doesn't feel intuitive for me, because of my Office background, but I'm sure my students will learn it quickly and easily without the necessity for relearning. I do not like the fact that you can't seem to upload existing presentations, unless I am missing something.

I like these three the best so far, and each has its "best used for" potential. When I uploaded the same presentation to two different sites, I found this one from Slideshare went very quickly. But I did have to register.


This one from authorSTREAM took three times as long to upload and convert, although I uploaded as a guest instead of registering.



Both presentations were just fine, with all the exterior links working, but only the Slideshare presentation kept all the original colors. On the other hand, the authorSTREAM allowed me to change my title, while the other used the title from my upload.

1 comment:

Village Talkies said...

Informative blog! it was very useful for me.Thanks for sharing. Do share more ideas regularly.
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.