Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing 11 - Library Thing

This was an easy one. IT was a piece of cake to add titles to my catalog. I like having the widget to pop right from my blog to my catalog on Library Thing. In the Thingology blog I read an interesting comment on mashtags perhaps taking the place of traditional catalog entries one day, or at least bridging the gap. I'm going to try to put more care into tagging here, and in my catalog on Library Thing. I also read about the possibilities of using Library Thing for Readers Advisory Services. That really looks promising down the road as more titles are put in. Right now I just have the five books on my desk in there so I'll need to put in a few more to find a "kindred spirit" to share titles with. The Zeitgeist tab brought up some interesting data, but I think the figures just apply to the actual users of the site in terms of book and author popularity.

I would use the site more if they had a separate section for children's books, though.


An update: It's official. Library Thing is now officially trying to create a new catalog based on tags and is looking for volunteers to head up the endeavor.

No comments: