Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing 9 - library blogs

I really like Edublog as a tool. The first thing I saw when I clicked in was Best Librarian Blog Awards. I followed out to the first place winner Hey Jude and read about glogster for the first time. Amazing! One of the posters was an Internet scavenger hunt theme and the librarian radar clicked in - Scavenger hunt?! we do scavenger hunts in the library. This would be more fun than the ones we do.

Technorati also yielded many interesting results, in all different formats, but with 1500 blogs tagged libraries I still feel overwhelmed, even with the descriptor attached. I can see that, as always, precision is key so got better results (for me) when I typed in elementary school librarian. The tutorial wasn't really worth the trip, especially since it loaded in Dutch the first time! I have used the free lesson accelerators before with Atomic Learning and one or two of the free tutorials, so that was like finding a friend in a crowd of strangers.

I am getting lost as I move from place to place and need a better system for keeping track which I hope to find in future lessons. Now that I can open several tabs on the browser, I can get even more lost than I was before! Where do all the hours go?

No comments: