Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thing 12 - commenting

This Thing really made me realize the differences between generations. While I see the need to contribute, I am on a steep learning curve and I find it exhausting to be in these types of learning communities online and sitting at my desk communicating so much. I still prefer face-to-face, showing my age I guess. The other comment I would like to make is the using your name discussion should have been part of Thing 3 as I was creating my avatar and setting up accounts. I probably would have made different decisions.

But, OHHHH!, there are gems in all the digging. YouTube - We Think was one result of searching Drapes Takes today. I find it amazing that one simple 2 minute video can change many of my long-established understanding of the teaching process and am glad he posted it from YouTube where I'm afraid to go directly anymore because too many hours go by. I've subscribed to Drake's feed too because it seems very thoughtful and uses big, new words like adhocracy in his posts.

I was able to comment on the Library2Play blogs, but had much more difficulty commenting on "expert sites". I don't feel qualifed except to lurk at this point. But I finally found a very welcoming post on the Library Tweeter blog titled "Is Anybody Out There" which gave me confidence to post as I had already read the Bluebonnet Books. Then I found a great article on Information Overload when I searched google blogs. Needless to say I had some newfound expertise in that area!

No comments: