Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing 7 - Google earth

This posting has taken the longest time thus far because every time I opened a link to a different Google tool I lost track of time playing with it. I signed up for everything I think but I still feel as though I've just scratched the surface. The tool I played with the most was Google Earth which I downloaded for the first time today. I've set my home as a begin from here location and I've added different fly to locations, the seismic layer, and have everything just right except it doesn't open from the little icon and I need to use updater to try to reload every time. Fortunately it saves everything even when I delete and add the software as I've tried twice. It has something to do with my graphics card apparently. I guess it's time for a new computer. The uses are mindboggling and the students will be so impressed. Enrichment for geography, of course, astronomy lessons, world missions for Bible classes, writing prompts, story settings, biographies for social studies, current events. Great fun.

I have also customized my igoogle page to the hilt. Went so crazy I had to take many things off to keep it cleaner but kept 1000 places to visit, sticky note, weather, calculator, translator, notebook, reader, dictionary, news feed and moon phases. I also added a game tab with Sodoku, NY Times Crossword, MahJongh for fun. I may move all of the google tools to a new tab.
See it
here.

No comments: